Re: [unrev-II] Survey 7, under the shower and over drinks

From: Henry van Eyken (vaneyken@sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 05:36:09 PST

    From: "Henry van Eyken" <vaneyken@sympatico.ca>

    Thanks, Joe.

    I still have some catching-up to do with your thinking, notably in
    the "tools area." Hope I am not misinterpreting your intention to
    caution against us biting off more than we can chew. Begin,
    therefore, with having motivated, capable individuals co-operating
    toward addressing the "16th most urgent, complex problem", i.e. How
    can the world's population be educated thoroughly and rapidly enough
    to recognize the urgency of addressing such most urgent problems as
    formulated in the Millennium Projects' "1999 The State of the Future"
    and peacefully insist, i.e. by democratic means, they indeed be
    addressed without undue delay.

    Is this a fair interpretation of what you wrote?

    Henry

    --- In unrev-II@onelist.com, altintdev@w... wrote:
    > How about thinking of this 'penetration' just in terms of the
    motovated
    > individual involved in a motovated task group with a goal that is
    > clearly enough stated so as to occupy the majority of the group's
    work
    > energy. Now suppose you were able to deliver to this motovated
    group a
    > tool that can be easily shown to improve the effectivity of each
    > individual contribution to the task as well as being leveraged into
    the
    > next higher level task.
    >
    > If the tool is compelling due to its efficiency and convenience,
    and has
    > (sufficient) permanence, then users will come to the tool. Think of
    the
    > technolgy that has been lost becasue the marked-up napkin and some
    parts
    > of the surrounding and futrue thoughts never made it into the
    > repository!
    >
    > This known, then it becomes necessary to help define this tool by
    adding
    > detail to the OHS and DKR descriptions.
    >
    > I just finished reading the newest version of the W3C DOM Level 2.
    It
    > seems easy for me to see that XML is being designed especially for
    > document information items of the nature we wish to use in the DKR.
    > Also, the modern web browser, using the current HTML DOM, gives
    > capabilties required for advanced hyperdocument processing.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Joe D Williams

    GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates
    as low as 0.0% Intro APR and no hidden fees.
    Apply NOW!