Re: [unrev-II] Re: Towards an atomic data structure (Somuthinghappenedon the way to the forum)

From: Henry van Eyken (vaneyken@sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 13:59:51 PDT

    Eric Armstrong wrote:

    > But refresh my memory, so to speak:
    > What is its relevance to an atomic data structure?

    Eric:

    Actually, I was responding to Gil's quoting Weick ("How can I know what I
    think until I hear what I say?" ). Now, I would have done so privately were
    it not that I sense that some outdated or overturned psychology and
    linguistics may have crept into our debates. To be honest, I have not been
    able to keep up with all the posts and thereby risk shooting from the hip.

    I am just rather desparately trying to do my part of the job (the site, the
    transcripts) while continually trying to keep up with things (and try to
    verify when that seems called for) . One thing that somehow needs doing is
    to provide some sort of "mental access" into the debate for newcomers and
    those who have lost their way. This may well become a problem for users of
    DKRs and hence a design problem to be tackled as well (if you haven't
    already given this thought).

    On a more personal note, I regret the way I first posted in the "Atomic
    structure thread." I should have allowed myself more time to read the whole
    thread before reacting the way I did. But then again, I am between a rock
    and a hard place for my life - what with family concerns, etc, - hardly
    permits me to be always careful. To be sure, I am a tremendous admirer of
    your talent and knowledge, and of that of others, and I certainly do not
    wish to throw superfluous verbage around. Judgment can be so chancey.

    Please accept my apologies if I sometimes go off the beam.

    Henry