[unrev-II] Re: Bootstrap: 1-paragraph summary

From: Yee Su Ling (yeemailbox@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 20:49:28 PDT

    This is good, I think we are getting there. I too like what Warren
    did.

    --- In unrev-II@egroups.com, Eric Armstrong <eric.armstrong@e...>
    wrote:
    > Another take on the "big picture" summary:
    >
    > The goal of the project is to create a man/machine symbiosis that

    I don't think it's a good idea to leave out half the population. It's
    so easy to add "hu", I'm beginning to wonder why it isn't. I've seen
    and heard this omission so many times now here and during the
    colloquium, I'm stunned. \ Su-Ling

    > augments human thinking in ways that increase our ability to
    > collaboratively investigate and solve complex problems. Such
    problems
    > include the impending energy crisis, as well as the prospect of
    > "runaway" technological threats stemming from genetic engineering,
    > biotechnology, or nanotechnology -- either intentionally or
    > inadvertently. Less urgent, but equally complex problems targeted
    > by the system include deliberations over fiscal policy,
    jurisprudence,
    > and the design of future knowledge management systems. To support
    > these goals, the system will support rapid authoring and
    interaction.
    > It will be easily searched, promote unprecedented levels of
    information
    > organization, evaluation, and reuse, and it will allow for the
    > development of next-generation systems that perform some forms of
    > automated reasoning. Above all, it's major goal is to assist us in
    > dealing with very high levels of complexity, both individually and
    > collectively.

    Take your development to new heights. Work with clients like Dell and
    pcOrder. Submit your resume to jobs@liaison.com. Visit us at