Re: [unrev-II] Towards a summary of documents (including Conceptu al Graphs based on existential graphs of Charles Peirce)

From: Jack Park (jackpark@verticalnet.com)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 11:20:36 PST

    kMail is problematic. The paper cited is valuable in that it outlines the
    issues involved in the construction of an organizational memory (a NIC).
    Unfortunately, it does not appear to be possible to track kmail further
    because there exists a KMail that is part of the KDE Linux desktop system.
    That seems to hog all the kmail hits at google.

    Conceptual Graphs were the creation of John F. Sowa, based, he says, on C.S.
    Peirce's Existential Graphs. Sowa may not follow Peirce to the letter, but
    his work is gaining a grand following, not to mention, an email list devoted
    to CGs.

    In view of the existence of major events related to the Semantic Web, it
    would seem that this post is very timely and has much to offer the Unrev
    group in relation to the OHS project. Here is an accumulation of URLs that
    relate to this post:

    http://www.ontoweb.org/ a new organization
    http://www.cordis.lu/ist/ka3/iaf/swt_workshop.htm SW technologies workshop
    http://www.semanticweb.org/ semantic web portal community
    http://www.xml.com/pub/2000/11/01/semanticweb/index.html?wwwrrr_20001101.ptx
    t <<watch out, that belongs with the URL> semantic web -- a primer
    http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue59/chauvat.html narval
    http://www.bioinformatics.org/piper/ a narval child
    http://cvw.mitre.org/ collab. virtual workspace
    http://www.bootstrap.org/ OHS project