Re: [unrev-II] Tech Startup "How To" notes

From: Mark Szpakowski (szpak@knav.com)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 06:16:31 PST

    At 03:29 PM 12/11/2000 -0800, Eric Armstrong wrote:

    At this point, I've seen the process often enough
    to begin identifying some of the invariants. A
    few articles on the subject are available at
       http://www.treelight.com/startup

    Shades of Buckminster Fuller's "conceptual tetrahedron"!

    However, how is a five pointed figure a tetrahedron, as in the structure with "purpose" at http://www.treelight.com/startup/TetrahedralModel.html?

    One of the most powerful understandings of "purpose" and "self-organization" I've seen is that of Francisco Varela in his use of the term autopoesis. In this case the question is how marketing, technology, and leadership (you call it organization) both are _driven by_ purpose and _participate to create_ purpose in a process of continual adjustment to changing technology/market conditions (which they themselves are influencing).

    Cheers,
    Mark
    Mark Szpakowski
    Chief System Architect
    Knowledge Navigators International, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    szpak@knav.com          Voice  902/422-1577   Fax 902/422-4964
                                      www.knav.com

    eBusiness relationships are more than just transactions

    bizgrokker
    " is Your Personal Hub for eBusiness
    Collaborative Solutions & Services

    eGroups Sponsor