[unrev-II] Annotating documents

From: Garold L. Johnson (dynalt@dynalt.com)
Date: Sat Dec 23 2000 - 06:01:57 PST

    An excellent (long!) article on web based collaboration approaches is at
    http://software-carpentry.codesourcery.com/Groupware/report.html
    <http://software-carpentry.codesourcery.com/Groupware/report.html>
    I think there are some areas in here that we might use, contribute to, or
    implement tools in.

    The article contents are excellent, but so is the way the article is
    constructed.

    Every paragraph is followed by a small number, which is a link to a
    commenting mechanism. Comments are managed by a threaded news server
    (QuickTopic) that is similar to an on-the-fly egroup.

    The immediate result is a document with a linear discussion thread on every
    paragraph, all built with freely available tools.

    The document relies on JavaScript and was clearly marked up by software. I
    expect that the topics were created automatically. An interesting approach.

    Thanks,

    Garold (Gary) L. Johnson

    Click here for more details: