Re: [unrev-II] Peer to Peer and Email...

From: snighthawk@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 17:34:14 PST

    In a message dated 2/27/01 3:44:04 PM, eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com writes:

    >Groove negatives:
    > /-windows only
    > /-requires IE 4.0 or better, it seems

    Hi Eric,

    That first item alone knocks Groove out for me. My current and usual
    platform is a Mac PowerBook. I have very little interest in any system that
    requires me to either shift platforms or shuffle information back and forth
    between computers. While I have no problem with using the PC for client jobs
    that pay actual money, I know from experience that I rarely even turn it on
    otherwise. I think you will find that this is a rather usual attitude among
    people using non-Windows platforms.

    For me, I like to keep my work consolidated in one place, and not spread out
    all over the world. I lose things too easily to create that scenario. I
    used to use two (and sometimes 3) computers in my typical work environment,
    but have streamlined it down to the PowerBook. This suits my own needs and
    working style much better.

    Thanks,
    ---Sheldon