Re: [unrev-II] multiple hierarchies + visual newsgroups

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 14:19:43 PDT

    Drat. Well, maybe its not a NS issue, but a firewall
    issue. I run into those all the time from here.

    Lack of support in XP may turn out to be for the best.
    Dell and Compaq have already announced that they will
    be shipping the platform on all new PCs. As a result,
    new users will get an up-to-date and totally standard
    version.

    Someone still has to figure out a way to make the newest
    version ubiquitous on all the old platforms. But I have
    my hopes up.

    Alex Shapiro wrote:

    > Hey, that's not true. I worked pretty hard to get the thing to load
    > in
    > Netscape. It works fine with my communicator V 4.7 ("Best
    > Experienced"
    > would have been a pretty amusing comment though if it didn't)
    >
    > Also, what the hell is Microsoft doing not including java in XP. I
    > hope
    > they choke on it.
    >
    > --Alex
    >
    > At 03:07 PM 8/23/01 -0700, you wrote:
    > >Drat. It is not only "Best experpienced" in IE, it appears to
    > >be *only* experiencable in IE. Can't do much of anything in
    > >NS.
    >
    > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
    > [Choose from 1000s of job listings!]
    >
    > Choose from 1000s of job listings!

    Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide, "Securing Your Web
    site for Business" and learn all about serious security. Get it Now!
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/aihfLB/oT7CAA/yigFAA/IHFolB/TM