Re: [unrev-II] Re: Maleable Archives

From: Garold (Gary) L. Johnson (dynalt@dynalt.com)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 09:07:04 PDT

    Jack,

    Excellent. I argued in earlier discussions on IBIS that it is often
    necessary to be able to interject material into the discussion that doesn't
    fit the model. When there is a link to a paper or an entire web site in an
    email, for example, the writer is not suggesting that the new material
    necessarily supports or opposes any particular point in the discussion, but
    only that it provides relevant information.
    Those in the discussion who read the material my find a number of arguments
    relevant to the discussion, to different points in the discussion, and in
    support or opposition.

    If there is enough interest in the new material and it is really relevant,
    much of it will eventually be absorbed into the discussion, but it can't be
    dumped into one of the existing IBIS categories. There needs to be a
    "reference" or "related material" mechanism, and a Wiki seems to be an
    excellent candidate.

    Thanks,

    Garold (Gary) L. Johnson