Re: [unrev-II] ThoughtTreasure

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@sun.com)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 16:43:47 PDT

    I like that license!! All the open source people around here seem to
    indicate that licenses like that don't work. But that is exactly the
    kind
    of license that I would LIKE to see. I have projects of my own that
    I would love to put out as open source, were it possible to see a way
    to having future income. (Even better would be a way of assigning
    "income shares" to contributors, on a percentage basis, so that all
    contributors received a share of any generated income.)
    :_)

    Peter Jones wrote:

    > I followed a link from the bottom of John's email
    > > * The Ontology Page (TOP) < http://www.kr.org/top >
    > and came across this at the bottom of the Projects page.
    > http://www.signiform.com/tt/htm/tt.htm
    >
    > ThoughtTreasure: a natural language/common sense platform
    > http://www.signiform.com/tt/htm/overview.htm
    >
    > If the examples they give are indicative of its consistent performance

    > in
    > action, then it's rather impressive.
    >
    > They provide the code, and the license is of this nature:
    >
    > "2.1 This License is limited to noncommercial use. Noncommercial use
    > relates only to personal, educational, research, or evaluation
    > purposes. Use of the Software in connection with any business activity

    > is commercial use. Commercial use requires a commercial license."
    >
    > and
    > "2.4 Licensor owns all modifications, enhancements, and bug fixes made

    > to the Software by or for Licensee."
    >
    > There's also an online book that goes with ThoughtTreasure
    > http://www.signiform.com/tt/book/index.html
    > Natural Language Processing with ThoughtTreasure
    > by Erik T. Mueller

    Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide: "Securing Your Web Site for Business." Get it Now!
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/n7RbFC/zhwCAA/yigFAA/IHFolB/TM