[unrev-II] Multidimensional Economics and DKRs

From: Jack Park (jackpark@thinkalong.com)
Date: Sat Sep 15 2001 - 23:01:50 PDT

    http://www.calresco.org/lucas/economic.htm
    "Current economic theory reduces all things to one dimension, that of
    monetary value, in fact that seems to be the whole basis of the science.
    Yet value is not in itself a one dimensional concept, we value many things
    that are impossible to classify in such linear monetary terms, air or
    sunlight for example. Complex notions of value require a type of economics
    that is itself complex and multi-dimensional, a value system that goes
    beyond the trade based concept of material exchange and takes into account
    the wider needs of people and planet. We will try to outline such a
    complexity based economics here. "

    The paper was found at this web site
    http://www.calresco.org/themes.htm

    It strikes me that if one were to imagine a DKR for multidimensional
    economics, one would have to imagine links to other DKRs, such as would
    cover ecosystems, social systems, and so forth. The architecture for such
    an environment, I am finding out, would perhaps be described as a
    Heterarchical Hyperstructure, as described at
    http://www.calresco.org/lucas/philos.htm
    and as may emerge when the heterarchical communities as evidenced in the
    various Wiki implementations, at www.memes.net, in particular
    http://graphs.memes.net, and at Bernard Vatant's www.universimmedia.com
    all begin to link to each other.

    http://graphs.memes.net does strike me as the beginnings of a useful DKR,
    and, given the TouchGraph navigation tool, it's beginning to have some of
    the capabilities imagined for eventual implementation in a
    HyperScope. Here, you have navigation, different views, user interaction,
    export to a variety of formats, and so forth.

    Already, we are beginning to learn a lot.
    Many thanks to Stephen Danic for setting up this site, to Alex Shapiro for
    linking TouchGraph in, to Bernard Vatant for suggesting something like
    this happen, and to Eric Armstrong for asking the probing questions that
    necessitated this emerging DKR.

    Where might this experimental universe go next? I'd be interested to learn
    what it would take to permit memes.net to present views from information
    sources other than that which is appended by users, e.g. legacy information
    sources and so forth. In order to move more deeply into a HyperScope
    implementation, that kind of support would be needed.

    Cheers
    Jack

    Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide, "Securing Your Web
    site for Business" and learn all about serious security. Get it Now!
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/r0k.gC/oT7CAA/yigFAA/IHFolB/TM