Re: [ba-ohs-talk] backlink database data

Hi Sheldon,    (01)

I think whether they are redundant enough depends on the mechanisms we
use to process the data collected.  There presently aren't any tools to
use the backlinks that are being collected in an automated way that I
am aware of, so this is a bit of a future oriented discussion, but
that's fine.    (02)

Without the signatures and without any other mechanism (right now), a
reasonable process to find out information about someone is to use their
email address and "google" for it.  That will usually get you to their
web page and alot of other things.    (03)

If including .sig URLs would help an automated tool to associate an
email address with a web page, that would provide some value.  I could
see it go either way, but my first reaction would be to not exclude any
information until there's a reason to do so.  Tools can exclude data
easily enough.    (04)

--
-- Grant Bowman                                   <grantbow@svpal.org>    (05)

* Sheldon Brahms <nighthawk476@attbi.com> [011208 13:52]: