[ba-ohs-talk] Dave Snowden's Work and KM Research

Ed,    (01)

Thanks for feedback correcting the record on 020812.  I made the
change you requested.  The error occurred, because your letter came
out of the blue after two (2) years, so I just didn't think to update
the contact record, since there is not a lot of activity on your
account.  Didn't intend to cause any harm, just an oversight.    (02)

Answering your question about the basis for who gets a copy...      (03)

I sent a copy to John Maloney because he is mentioned in the record in
connection
with Dave Snowden's work, which you discuss in your letter.  A copy
was sent to Stuart Harrow because, as you can see from the reference
to Stuart in the record on 020612, Stuart has mentioned several times
the advantage of a good website, and I thought the websites referenced
in your letter were of the caliber he would appreciate.  Sending him a
copy gives him a chance to provide feedback saying, "Yes that is what
I have been talking about;" or "No, I think thus and so." A copy went
to Dave because the record on 020812 comments on his work.  Typically,
the record is distributed to give affected parties the opportunity to
provide timely feedback that helps refine accuracy of understandings
in order to avoid causing harm, as you did in your letter this
evening.    (04)

Your right about the challenge of a connected record giving the
appearance of spending all day behind the computer that is too costly
using technology and methods generally available.  It discourages
using good practices, even when mandated by contracts and regulations,
as shown on 020504....    (05)

http://www.welchco.com/sd/08/00101/02/02/05/04/095827.HTM#IY4I    (06)

The history at this location beginning at line 421184 will be of
particular interest in formulating the important standards you are
putting together for KM.    (07)

In keeping with your confidentiality notice I am sending copies to
people you have copied for the purpose of ensuring a complete record.
Also, sending a copy to Gary Johnson, who has been working on the
problem you cite about the record being too burdensome for widespread
use in daily work, and also, copying the OHS/DKR people because they
are working the same issue.  This letter will help solve the problem
you bring up.    (08)

Again, sorry about the mix-up on your address.  As you note, I
appreciate there isn't enough time to respond, but thanks for
commenting about SDS after so many years, and congratulations on your
new assignment.    (09)

Rod    (010)