[ba-unrev-talk] searchable archives of the unrev-ii list (prototype)

Kathryn and I are continuing to work on the project announced
back in April:    (01)

  http://www.bootstrap.org/lists/ba-ohs-talk/0204/msg00123.html    (02)

to create access structures to the unrev-ii email archives.    (03)

My current little sub project is to move from our Oracle based
system to MySQL. I've done the first stages of that and figured I
ought to show off the results for comments. It may also prove a
worthwhile resource.    (04)

The only problems is it is a real pain in the butt to use in its
current form. The interface is far from intuitive.    (05)

However it does provide the following things:    (06)

- keyword searching of message subjects and bodies
  (at the moment it is mysql's TfxIDf (sort of) version of
  fulltext indexing, soon it will also support boolean searches)
- retrieving messages by email address
- purple numbers on message display    (07)

It does not provide instructions. Ask me if you can't figure
something out.    (08)

It doesn't display threads and such like a normal hypermail or
mhonarc style archive. That's not what is was designed to do.
Eventually it will provide a mechanism for
evaluating/viewing/editing the following things:    (09)

- semantic clusters
- ascribing descriptors and conceptual annotations to the messages
- evaluating messages, authors, clusters
- displaying based on evaluations    (010)

Description of the subproject is here:    (011)

  http://www.burningchrome.com/~cdent/index.cgi?word=107    (012)

The interface itself is here:    (013)

  http://www.burningchrome.com/~cdent/uviz/cgi/index.cgi    (014)

I'm following the release early and often dictum. It shows.    (015)

I've sent this to unrev instead of ohs because it is not directly
ohs related.    (016)

--
Chris Dent  <cdent@burningchrome.com>  http://www.burningchrome.com/~cdent/
"Mediocrities everywhere--now and to come--I absolve you all! Amen!"