Re: [ba-unrev-talk] Where is Kananaskis?

On Wednesday, June 26, 2002, at 08:33  AM, John Maloney wrote:
> Do they really need $330 mil (US) to protect them from their
> electorates,
> citizens and the 'consent of the governed?'
>
> Why are ALL these insidious meta-government meetings sealed-off and top
> secret?    (01)

I view this as a side effect of centralised engineering. Humans do not
know how to build distributed systems yet, so it makes sense that our
political constructs also suffer from the downsides of sequential and
central systems.    (02)

These systems have a great deal of dependence on a few elements so those
elements get the lion's share of support, protection and every
assistance to ensure they continue working. The same effect can be seen
in a computer system - look how much love the CPU gets.    (03)

When our collective intelligence has been augumented, these $330 million
wastes can be engineered out. There's no real way of changing the
solutions to the current problems, but there's plenty of ways of
changing the problems.    (04)