[ba-unrev-talk] Building Community

Possibly interesting site:    (01)

http://www.fetzer.org/resources/centeredontheedge/welcome.htm    (02)

The Group as Art Form of the Future    (03)

As part of an institutional assessment process between 1996 and 1997, Fetzer
asked author Jacob Needleman to offer  his reflections about the future role
of the Institute. In his letter to Fetzer, Jacob offers a provocative image:    (04)

"I [believe] that the group is the art form of the future.... Every great
culture has created forms of sacred art that were needed in order to
transmit and...discover by experience the truths which were necessary to
absorb into one's life.... In our present culture, as I see it, the main
need is for a form that can enable human beings to share their perception
and attention and, through that sharing, to become a conduit for the
appearance of spiritual intelligence."    (05)

—Jacob Needleman    (06)

Jacob then underscores the urgency of this image, observing
that "we obviously cannot confront this tangled world alone.... It takes no
great insight to realize that we have no choice but to think together,
ponder together, in groups and communities. The question is how to do this.
How to come together and think and hear each other in order to touch, or be
touched by, the intelligence we need."    (07)

Thanks,    (08)

Garold (Gary) L. Johnson    (09)