Re: [unrev-II] More TouchGraph2

From: Alex Shapiro (alex@touchgraph.com)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 07:24:32 PDT

    I wasn't planning on adding it too soon.  Maybe in like two weeks I'd get around to it.  Edge selection isn't even my first priority.  The next changes I was planning to make, was put a bunch of functions into the graphEltSet (the one that contains nodes + edges).  Functions such as: forAllVisibleNodes(Node n1, Node n2) or forAllUniqueNodePairs( "").  The idea is that any time one wanted to iterate through all the nodes, one would not have to access the Node Vector directly, but instead would pass an object to the graphEltSet containing such a function.  (Kind of like Comparators in java http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/java/util/Comparator.html ).

    This would have allowed work on edge selection, and on making edges belong to nodes to be done in parallel.

    Why do you ask?  I hope it's because you actually want to try to implement this, in which case you have my green light.  I probably won't do any coding till friday.  (Supposedly I actually have a paying job, though I've been slacking).

    --Alex