Re: [unrev-II] Session #2 - Moving People?

From: Gerald Pierce (g_pierce@pacbell.net)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 21:07:50 PST

From: Gerald Pierce <g_pierce@pacbell.net>

Exactly so, Bill. We are at the dawn of the information age. Here, if
anywhere, we have rapidly evolving system dynamics. Even so I still
find myself thinking in terms of "going there" rather than "logging
on". Still I believe that as the communication band gets broader, I
will spend more visiting time right here rather than through some form
of transportation. (Although there is a loss in omitting the adventure
of travel) Within the decade we may be setting and talking "face to
face" via computer with the entire 150+ community participating in this
forum seeing each other, reacting to each other just like being in the
same room (I can't wait to see how they handle ambiance and pheromone
simulation!).

For instance, I spent a good part of today looking at how to collaborate
on the design of a piece of machinery using (perhaps) Extranet, VPN,
and/or NetMeeting technologies. The idea is to take the problem to the
experts via the web rather than bring the experts to one location. Even
if there was NOT a pending energy shortage, this would still be the best
answer (so far).

Gerald Pierce Q. E. D. Services