[unrev-II] mark up languages

From: Jeff Miller (jeffm@dynamite.com.au)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 13:54:18 PST

From: Jeff Miller <jeffm@dynamite.com.au>

On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 12:30:56PM -0800, Eric Armstrong wrote:
> From: Eric Armstrong <eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com>
> Speaking of XML. At the end of 3rd session, Jon Bosak made the
> intriguing statement that his original goal for XML was for use in
> DKR-style projects, but that the original vision was reduced quite a bit
> in committee, which produced XML as we know it. (Jon: Please correct any
> inaccuracies.)

Is it possible to get a copy of the draft before the committee got to it?

> It could be that we need a KML (Knowledge Meta Language) to do an
> adequate implementation of a DKR. I would be enthralled to hear Jon's
> thoughts on the subject.

The one problem that I see with these mark up languages, and it's minor,
is the amount of space the mark up takes. Sometimes the markup is more
than the contents of the document. What would be nice would be a standard
way of compressing these documents for storage and transmission. May be we
need a httpz (z as gzip).

Jeff.

  Hey Freelancers: Find your next project through JobSwarm!
  You can even make money in your sleep by referring friends.