Re: [unrev-II] DKR: Collab Doc Rqmts, v0.2

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 15:39:56 PST

    From: Eric Armstrong <eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com>

    altintdev@webtv.net wrote:

    > Fine Work. The idea of Collaboration is certainly fundamental in DKR
    > design.
    >
    > What I am seeing is two requirments type documents that need work: The
    >
    > DKR spec and the OHS spec. First, there is the need to define the
    > boundaries of the specifications (or minimum requirements) for the OHS
    >
    > and the DKR. The OHS needs definitions of the type of documents that
    > can
    > be incorporated (web/mail/newsgroup) and the DKR needs definitions of
    >
    > how the documents can be input and accessed by the users.
    >
    > For example, the user should have access to a complete and navigable
    > view of all the nodes and node relationships in the DKR, but is this a
    >
    > function of the DKR or the OHS?

    Agreed. The distinction between these two has been very nebulous. It's
    never
    quite clear when we are talking about one or the other. The disntinction
    is harder
    to draw for lack of a concrete answer to the question, "What *is* a DKR,

    anyway?"

    DON'T HATE YOUR RATE!
    Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds! Get rates as low as
    Apply NOW!