[unrev-II] Database Winner: TSpaces

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 20:23:25 PDT

    Leave it to IBM to come up with a killer database app.

    This is one is a "lightweight RDBMS", small-footprint,
    memory-resident, fast, easily programmed (simply write
    tuples, rather than worrying about schemas and such),
    *distributed*, with transaction controls.

    It's called TSpaces -- it combines features of TupleSpaces
    and RDBMS. It's implemented in Java, with the goal of
    enabling distributed application servers.

    Both Jack Park and Paul Fernhout pointed to this one
    a while back. (Thanks, guys.) I finally started catching
    up on some of my reading this afternoon (more evaluations
    to follow on other reads).