Re: [unrev-II] Conglomerate Editor

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 13:47:14 PDT

    The Conglomerate editor looks pretty good.
    They have some ambitious plans, and some working
    hackery that needs to be upgraded to quality code
    (according to their documents).

    One thing that bugs me is the insistence that the
    the info must graphically display the structure.
    So rather than simply indenting entries, the editor
    puts a different color background on each nested
    section -- very busy, imho.

    I would prefer to see a standard outline tree, with
    vertical lines connecting sibling sections, as most
    tree-displays do. The one thing I would like to see
    added to those displays is a "rollover" display --
    when the cursor hovers near a line, a small popup
    should appear that indicates the item the line
    descends from.