RE: [unrev-II] Re: Tuesday's meeting - terms and pieces

From: altintdev@webtv.net
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 19:12:26 PST

    Hi All, sounds like an interesting meeting Tuesday.

    Since nearly our first meeting, I have had the understanding of DKR and
    OHS as described at
    http://www.hypermultimedia.com/DKR/

    I always thought that the DKR was where we kept the
    data/information/knowledge and the OHS was how we accessed that data.
    Plus, the DKR description I have offered in those pages gave the DKR
    some 'smarts' like the abilty to maintain a structural and possibly
    semantic map of the contents more or less independent of any particular
    user while still giving each user the abiltiy to search and construct a
    personal map of the DKR contents according to individual interest.

    I didn't try to create these defs out of thin air, but as an effort to
    respond to the need for a DKR spec and to understand and communicate
    what I thought I heard Doug and the group say. Not to mention that I
    thought I refined the idea of this structure several times in our
    meetings over a period of weeks using the example of 'experience'
    evolving to 'knowledge' in a collaborative process (that picture stayed
    on the board for 5 weeks, changing a little each time, until I finally
    took it down) and that Doug's comments about this description/definition
    was always positive. I don't see the OHS as having categories or topics;
    the DKR structure provides that, with the OHS providing a means for the
    author to define a category or topic for a specific information item
    entered into the DKR.

    Anyway, this is may be a signal that we need Doug to help us draw a
    better diagram of the elements in this vision. If the ideas I portrayed
    in my /DKR/ pages from early in this effort is wrong, then tell me so I
    can get rid it. If it is valid, then help me get it into a better place
    so everyone can understand what we are talking about and refine the
    ideas.

    Thank You and Best Regards,
    Joe

    Alternative Interface Devices.
    Improve Accessibility and Utility of the WWW...

    eLerts