Re: [unrev-II] Recommendations??

From: Henry K van Eyken (vaneyken@sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 03:16:54 PDT

    One way of funnelling disparate materials into somewhat more coherent blobs is a journal. Certainly, that is something
    "Engelbart in Context" aims to do. From an editorial practice point of view, I see the contributions by John Deneen and Jack
    Park and of many others as a huge store of raw materials that I hope can be categorized, roughly at first, and the categories
    examined for their potential usefulness, etc.

    I am glad to see some schemes coming to the fore, like Eugene's and Alex's.

    The e-journal, begun some weeks ago, isn't much yet, but we are building up volunteer staff and working on content and
    presentation. I hope to post a bit more on that soon.

    In the meantime, I wonder, if someone on this list is willing to take on an editorial scouting and organizational role by,
    first, looking at some of the recommendations made and crafting these into an effective working mode that suits us.

    I may be contacted privately about this.

    I take it that all on this list are aware that the entire list of discussion entries may be found by going to page
    http://www.bootstrap.org/context and then clicking on "Forum."

    Henry

    Pinpoint the right security solution for your company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and to authenticate your web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/yQix2C/33_CAA/yigFAA/IHFolB/TM