[ba-ohs-talk] Shared space

Hi everyone,

The blog/pim thread on kottke.org is still going http://kottke.org/cgi-bin/comments/display.pl?threadid=14

The latest technology mentioned is shared-space: http://www.shared-space.net/ , http://www.shared-space.net/about

"... it explored the inadequacies of modern computer interfaces in the light of the hypertext and the networked society. As part of the project I produced an online 'shared-space', a visual environment in which users could read and create web-like information structures."

I especially like the bits in the /about link dealing with pear-to-pear use, and "openness vs. ownership".  In fact, here is the openness vs. ownership quote:

An important consideration for this project the first time around was to give the user back their power! Rather than being the passive browsers that read/consume 'published' wisdom, they would set about creating it themselves. The new shared space will retain this open ethic, with all users able to create their own content, and comment on others, but within constraints. Users will be able to publish content privately, for their own consumption, to a group, or to everyone. Changes to this content have similar attributes, allowing users to publish their work to everyone, but restrict write access to a specified group.

--Alex