[ba-unrev-talk] Adding more lift than drag

Collaboration environments, informal organizations, and Researchers'
activities.
http://eoe.org/forum/presentations/EOE_june_2002.ppt    (01)

A talk given at eoe  (eoe.org) this morning by Jamie Dinkelacker.    (02)

 From my notes and Slide 3, where there needs to be a Unified Purpose and
Common Values, he said that's just not going to happen.  The problem is
"getting insufferable prima donnas to collaborate".  And "collaborate is
like love -- means something different to everyone."    (03)

He later said " collaboration gets traction when you build prototypes and
communicate about those prototypes"    (04)

Then, "scope creep kills projects. managing scope is critical."    (05)

He then quoted James Barksdale "The main thing is to keep the main thing
the main thing"    (06)

I came away from the talk seeing opportunity for much contemplation
regarding getting an OHS off the ground, and I also came away agreeing that
getting prototypes, all sorts of prototypes, built is a good thing.    (07)

Jack    (08)