[ba-unrev-talk] New Possibilities for Linking based on Peirce's theory of Icons, Index, and Symbol.

Hi there,

I'm currently studying a set of webpages relating Charles Sanders Peirce's originative work on semiotics - especially his notions of "icon," "index," and "symbol," - to the practice of linking making in hypertext.  Various possibilities for extending the functionality and power of links, and of link making, suggest themsevles, or are suggested by the author, as one reads these pages.

I've already written to the author on behalf of our company, advanced data manaagment, and wanted to also share this resource with anyone assisting in Douglas work.

The material is at:

http://www.bsu.edu/classes/white2/hyper/theory/tolinks.html#

Blessings of light, Eric

Advanced Data Management Systems